QLD Safety Certificates - Cars, Motorbikes, Trucks, Trailers, Caravans

East Coast safety certificates
Call East Coast Safety Certificates 1800 792 001

Call 1800 792 001 NOW for same day service Roadworthys from $90 in the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast areas.

What's the difference between a Roadworthy or Safety Certificate?

Well they are actually one and the same, whatever you call them you will need one if:

  • You are selling a registered vehicle in Queensland
  • Transferring registration to a new owner
  • Transferring registration from another state to Queensland
  • Re-registering a unregistered Vehicle

 Safety (Roadworthy) Certificates are a Queensland Government requirement for all vehicles intending to be sold. They are comprehensive reports on the condition of a vehicle.

East Coast offers onsite safety (roadworthy) certificates that are independent and thorough. They provide you with a detailed description and condition report of a vehicle, including a report on any structural damage the vehicle may have.

With over 15 years of experience, our fully qualified and accredited, Queensland Transport mechanics will go over the vehicle. Typically this takes anywhere between 40-50 minutes to complete.

Looking for convenience? We've got you covered with Online processing.

At East Coast we take convenience one-step further offering you the opportunity for Online processing of your Roadworthy Safety Certificate. This allows it to be submitted directly to QLD transport saving you even more time.

Here's what we check

Identification Brake components
Seats and Restraints Engine and drivelines
Windscreens and windows Exhaust emission
Body and chassis Road test
Steering and suspension Hand brake test
Service brake history lights and electrical components
Wheels and tyres Modifications

 View a sample report.

Other important information

  • If you're a private seller your Safety Certificate ( Roadworthy) is valid for 2 months or 2000kms. If you're a Dealer it's valid for 3 months or 1000Kms (whichever comes first)
  • A SAFETY CERTIFICATE and a ROADWORTHY CERTIFICATE are the same thing. The wording was changed in 1995
  • All registered vehicles in Queensland must have a current QLD  Safety Certificate before they can be offered for sale. Significant fines may apply for failing to display a current Safety Certificate.
  • Some vehicles fail the certification process. I this occurs, Queensland Transport allows 14 days from the date of inspection to have you repairs undertaken and a re-inspection performed.
  • You are required by Queensland law to obtain a safety certificate if you advertise you car online with sites such as carsales.com.au or carsguide.com.au or on the side of a road or public approved area with a "Buy Me" sign.
  • You do not need a safety (roadworthy) certificate for;
    • unregistered vehicles
    • trading your vehicle with a licensed motor dealer
    • trading between licensed motor dealers

 What is the difference between a Safety Certificate and a Pre-purchase Inspection report?

A Safety Certificate is a requirement from the Queensland Transport Code of Practice. It is for vehicle registration and stipulates a minimum safety standard a vehicle must meet in regard to general condition and mechanical reliability.

A Pre-purchase Inspection is a comprehensive report that details both the mechanical and body of a vehicle, identifying potential need for additional expense on a vehicle prior to purchase that may not be visible to a buyer.